Introduction to Sewing
Introduction to sewing:10am-5pm .
In this one day workshop you will learn loads of great sewing skills and make some Fab projects that will really build up your confidence!Suitable for absolute beginners or for those wanting to refresh thier memrories! This class is perfect to really build up those skills and inject some confidence in your sewing abilities.
You will learn
The very basics such as how to set up and thread the sewing machine
- Stitch selection
- loading a bobbin
- Steering and speed control
- Seam allowance etc.
As well as
-How to make and follow a template and cut out fabric
- learning about all the important stuff like Grain lines and Fabric Nap
- How to pin and cut out neatly
- How to follow different seam allowances
- How to set tension
- How to sew open and French seams
- How to finish edges
- How to sew things together in the correct order
- Impressive finishing touches to get a professional finish every time And much, much more!
You will make and take home:
- Some very pretty bunting (Because who doesn't love a bit of bunting?
- A very handy fully lined reversible Tote bag to carry all your finished projects in!
PLEASE NOTE THAT FROM JAN 2023 WE WILL NO LONGER BE MAKING THE BUNTING, INSTEAD CONCENTRATING ON THE BAG. WHICH WE HAVE ADAPTED TO BE FULLY LINED AND REVERSIBLE
What to bring?
You will need to bring around 2 x 0.75 metres of cotton or poly cotton fabric in contrasting colours and matching thread.
We sell everything you need for this workshop in our shop, and better still when purchasing fabric and accessories for our workshops, you will recieve a 10% discount! just message us for a code to buy online or show your booking confirmation in the shop when shopping in store.
Tea, coffee and a sweet treat are included! please let us know before the workshop if you have any dietry requirements.
There will be a lunch break at approximately 12:30pm where you can either bring a packed lunch or pop to a local cafe/Shop.
Please note that bookings are non- refundable so please ensure you are able to make the date of the workshop. If you do need to cancel, as long as we have at least one weeks notice we will endevour to fit you in to a defferent date however this will be subject to availability.